I have toyed around with submitting her photo for a contest. But, in talking with Josh tonight, I don't think we will. Boy, I'm sure glad that I decided to think a little longer before I acted. :-)
#3 for me =). Oh and that Deceptively Simple book is what got me searching for those types of cookbooks in the first place. Rachel Ray's magazine in September did an article about it so I put it on hold at the library (though it just came out a few days ago, so I am WAY down the list.) I just made a huge batch of food for Emma again, and she loves it all!
Winning the contest would have meant a real photo shoot and putting a toe in the door of a world that I'm REALLY not that interested in being a part of -- a world that focuses on exterior beauty.(It also would have meant a lot of publicity, too.) Of course, I delight that my daughter is sooo cute! But I don't want to make it my focus, and I certainly don't want HER to be focused on it. I guess I didn't want a very innocent, cute contest to be a first step into something that I wouldn't really agree with later on. Of course, it's not THAT probable that we/she would have won, but we had to be forward thinking JUST IN CASE. I also thought about it this way -- would I be excited about it if Kate was a bit older? Nope. If there was a chance she'd remember it, there'd be no way I would want her to be a little baby model. :-) So, there in a nut shell is why not!
Pics 2 and 3. I think she already is the cutest and would have won any contest. It's good that you decided not to that way the other babies can have a chance... :)
13 comments:
This picture will go....?
Well, it completely depends on what it is for...but with no parameters, I would go with #1 because it shows off her beautiful big eyes!
I have toyed around with submitting her photo for a contest. But, in talking with Josh tonight, I don't think we will. Boy, I'm sure glad that I decided to think a little longer before I acted. :-)
I like #3
Definitely #1!
Why did you decide not to submit one?
Well, I like number 2 but since you aren't going to submit it oh well.
#3 for me =). Oh and that Deceptively Simple book is what got me searching for those types of cookbooks in the first place. Rachel Ray's magazine in September did an article about it so I put it on hold at the library (though it just came out a few days ago, so I am WAY down the list.) I just made a huge batch of food for Emma again, and she loves it all!
2
Winning the contest would have meant a real photo shoot and putting a toe in the door of a world that I'm REALLY not that interested in being a part of -- a world that focuses on exterior beauty.(It also would have meant a lot of publicity, too.) Of course, I delight that my daughter is sooo cute! But I don't want to make it my focus, and I certainly don't want HER to be focused on it. I guess I didn't want a very innocent, cute contest to be a first step into something that I wouldn't really agree with later on. Of course, it's not THAT probable that we/she would have won, but we had to be forward thinking JUST IN CASE. I also thought about it this way -- would I be excited about it if Kate was a bit older? Nope. If there was a chance she'd remember it, there'd be no way I would want her to be a little baby model. :-) So, there in a nut shell is why not!
Pics 2 and 3.
I think she already is the cutest and would have won any contest. It's good that you decided not to that way the other babies can have a chance... :)
I will have to say 2. They are all really cute.
Yes, ther're all cute.
Maybe number one. There is a little bit of Elizabeth peeking out there. :)
Dad
Post a Comment