I can hardly believe that my darling little girl is already ten months! The day crept up on me, but we did manage to acknowledge it before light completely faded. In fact, we took Kate out to Johnny Carinos, so mom & dad could have a pretty good Italian feast. We've reinstated "Date Night" with a slight change to the name. It's now "Family Date Night." We can still get in a good bit of talking & catching up since Kate can only distract us by tossing her food on the floor or grabbing the hair behind her right ear & making it stick straight out with gook on it. When SHE starts talking, date night as catch up night might altogether disappear.
Two funny things from last week. Found: little girl inside of end table, crying because she couldn't climb out. Unfortunately, I chose to save my child from distress instead of capturing the moment. Too bad for you. Found that afternoon: little girl hiding in the dark dining room NOT answering mamma, scooping out dirt from mom's potted plant onto the floor (and maybe a bit into her mouth). Once again, I chose to intervene immediately instead of walking back to my room & grabbing the image for everyone's enjoyment. Besides, I had already made TWO rounds of the entire upstairs without laying eyes on her. I was beginning to wonder if I had any large gaping holes in my house that she could have fallen into.
Latest tricks. Two new games. The "I Have a Question" Game. Dad instituted this game, I believe. It starts with Dad or Kate raising one of their arms HIGH into the air. Then everyone else in the room is compelled to do the same. Once everyone has done it, the arms can go down, until Kate starts the round all over again. The cutest part is that if she doesn't perceive 100% participation, she'll lift her hand HIGHER. Second game is sticking out her tongue & touching it with her index finger. I think she's just a ham and will do anything for a laugh. Clapping, LOTS of verbal play, definite use of the word "mama" are all routine now.
My favorite part of the day is when Josh comes home. As soon as Kate hears the garage door, she gets very quiet and starts to "listen" for sounds of daddy coming home. When the footsteps sound on the stairs, her hands start flapping and she gets soo excited that her papa has come home! She jumps into his arms as soon as he is visible, and rests her head on his shoulder for a little hug. This scene just melts a mother's heart, I tell 'ya.
Kate is the squirmiest baby on the changing table. The fact that she looks happy in this picture is a mere ploy for the camera.



4 comments:
I have seen - and participated in - the hand-raising game. It is so cute! We love you Katie Boo Boo!!!
I love reading your monthly updates. It reminds me of life with 1. Ahhhhhh. But then I still get to experience some of those with the little ones that are still hanging around. However, we are past your version of Family Date Nite. There are too many talkers to even try to catch up when the family goes out to eat. And that first picture of Kate with Josh is really great, by the way.
That first pic is absolutely adorable!
She is so cute! It's great to watch her personality grow.
Post a Comment