Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Delayed Discovery

In the days of my picture taking yore, where the joy of discovery (did I take a good one?) was delayed until a roll is finished USED to make me a bit shutter happy. I would click happily through 24 pictures just to get to the end result. Then came digital. Shutter happiness with a film camera is NOTHING compared to shutter happiness on a digital. It doesn't cost more money to take 20 pictures or 200 pictures -- so gang ho! Now, of course, going from digital to film has made my perspective change a bit. I don't take ten shots, I try to choose my moments. Sometimes, this means I'm more antsy to get the pictures developed, but it usually takes longer to finish the roll of film. 36 pictures later. . . this is what I discovered!

More Elisha Winn!

Downsteers, hear de biolin, Auntie Liz?

As both Jen and I have pointed out many times, Kate and Lydia love to play together. It may be a bit unusual for a 10 mo. old and a 2+ yr old to enjoy doing the same things, but I think I'll give credit to Lydia, here. She loves to interact with everyone, babies included. Right now, she's doing a good bit of mothering Kate. Frequently heard during play: "Kate, don't bodder dat." "Don't touch, Kate." The concept of sharing is difficult. Lydia loves it when Kate shares with her, but has a more difficult time respecting the toys that Kate has picked out to play for herself. Of course, then there are the times when those girls just look at each other and crack up. Probably their favorite thing to do together is play with Jen's big, red exercise ball. Both of them stand next to it and bang away, as though they are playing drums. Lydia gets especially hysterical, and Kate LOVES the sounds and action of doing the same thing as big cousin.

This is an example of the girl's "sharing." Kate's toy, Lydia playing, Kate watching! There are variations on this involving grabbing, whining, lectures on sharing, smiles, and giggles.


Kate's talkin' (anytime Kate makes a sound!)

Come thou fount of evwy bwessing. .


The girls got their jam-jams on and looked so cute, we had to capture the moment.

I hold 'ee, Katie-boo-boo!

The girls with all of their favorite things: Pup, Jeremy Monkey, and pink bankie!
Time for bed, little mouse, little mouse.

Baby Lauren Olivia
Oh my goodness! Look at big sis!

1 comment:

JM said...

Great pictures! I hope that Lauren will jump into the mix and they'll all enjoy playing together as they grow up!